HIE GUYS I JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY WEIGHT LOSS WARDROBE THOUGHTS SO HERE WE GO …
The weight loss wardrobe, if it will succeed, must be a minimalist wardrobe made up of mostly basics that are a great fit.
This is a “wear-drobe” so ideally, you want pieces that can be easily mixed and matched to create as many outfits as possible from the same pieces. A weight loss wardrobe though temporarily, is much more important than the wardrobe you will have when you achieve your goal weight. You disagree? Let me explain…
Get the weight loss wardrobe right and you are well on your way to an easier weight loss journey. How you ask? Well, feeling great while on your weight loss journey will increase your chances of actually losing the weight. NEVER keep clothes that are too small for you as “Motivation” to lose weight! What kind of motivation is that? If you are reading this post and you have somehow managed to lose weight and keep at your ideal weight with this “Bully yourself skinny” weight loss method (if that’s even a thing!) I sympathize with the pain you had to endure to achieve your goal.
For the rest of us to who this method proved depressing and yielded no reward, I want to tell you that you actually don’t have to go through this heartache. Hello?! Waking up every morning and looking at clothes that no longer fit you (and most likely never will if you keep on this path) is no way to ‘Motivate’ yourself to lose weight. As if I needed to tell you that! It’s not rocket science. Remember how it works
The worse we feel about the way we look and what we can’t wear the more we think “what’s the point!”, skip the gym because it’s not working anyway, order (not even walk to) that oh so lovely Doner Kebab Pizza and marathon through our favorite TV show or watch a movie only to feel 10 times worse after our indulgent moment.
Imagine how good you would feel if instead of looking at your wardrobe and saying “one more year and I will fit into this” you could say “oh look! my jeans are looser this week than they were last week/month.” Wouldn’t that be a better angle to approach weight loss from? A lot of how we feel has so much to do with our wardrobe. Have you ever hear the adage “give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world?” well, there is a truth to that but we can get much closer to the truth than that… let’s say “give a girl the right wardrobe and she can breathe life into her dreams and aspirations.”
Ok, so this now looks more like a how to lose weight successfully rather than how to and why to get a weight loss wardrobe that works for you. I, however, just wanted to point out how important your wardrobe is while you lose weight. A lot of people neglect their wardrobes while losing weight, failing to understand that weight loss with the right wardrobe can actually be a bit easier. We also fail to understand the importance of the wardrobe while you lose weight. I have learned this the hard way. It is definitely worth spending a lot of time organizing your weight loss wardrobe.
So, what should your weight loss wardrobe look like? Well it should;
1) As I mentioned earlier it should be made up of mostly basics that can create more than one look.
2) Everything in a weight loss wardrobe should be a flattering fit. Loose where it needs to be and tight in all they right places.
3) Pay attention to colors and patterns some are more slimming and flattering than others. Black, for instance, is said to make the wearer (when done right) appear slimmer. My wardrobe is 60% black, (says something huh?) 20% dark blue, 10%gray, 5% white and 5% other.
4) You should not spend/invest a crazy amount of money on this wardrobe as is will be mostly a temporary wardrobe. You should instead shop Sales, Charity Shops and your boyfriend’s wardrobe is great for borrowed shirts (be cautious with what you borrow from him though as not every cut of men’s clothes is flattering on a woman’s body!)
A Topshop leather jacket recently got for £15 in a thrift shop.
5) It should be a money saver! so a minimalist (small) wardrobe is the best and if that not visible for you then a capsule wardrobe is the second best thing.
6) It should be made up mainly of pieces that look great on you at your current weight but will only look better as you get smaller.
Here is how I see it, you are already unsatisfied with your current weight and if you ask me that is hard enough without you having to punish yourself with an ill-fitting, confidence sapping depressing wardrobe.
You are worth it!