Weight loss for women over 40 who are going through perimenopause or menopause. There are a few basics that you need to get in check for weight loss.
1. Limit processed foods, anything in a box or bag, to below 20% of your total calories.
2. Know your maintenance calories and eat in a deficit. If you need help with this I can calculate your maintenance calories for you.
3. Limit stress or incorporate techniques to help manage stress. Meditation, yoga and positive affirmations are a great place to start.
4. Get most of your nutrition from whole foods, at least 80%. Fruits, vegetables, anything that doesn’t come in a package.
5. Eat more fiber, berries and cruciferous vegetables are a great way to get in more fiber and aid in your digestion.
6. Drink half your body weight in water. If you already are, good job! If not, strive for that In the next 30 days. We need water for our brains, healthy digestion and skin.
7. Focus on weight training. If you are already lifting, consider bumping up your schedule to five days a week. If you are a beginner start with three days a week full body.
I am a PN certified nutrition coach and certified personal trainer through NASM. I would love to put a nutrition and training program together for you to meet your needs, check out my website www.katalystfitness.net
Follow me on Instagram